2013 Front Subaru Forester Front Bumper Diagram

2013 Outback 2.5i Premium 6MT

Joined

·

14 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My outback had a small mishap with the side of the garage door this morning, and the front bumper cover was partially pulled off. Other than some scratches there doesn't seem to be any damage, but a small piece of foam came out and I'm not sure where it goes.

I couldn't find this on any of the parts websites/diagrams, and rather than take off the entire cover to see the other side, I thought I would check here. The piece looks like an "L" with two semi-circle cut outs in the bottom. Any ideas about where this belongs?

Thanks!

  • Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Shoe

    82.4 KB Views: 517

KentuckyOutback

Twilight Blue 2015 3.6R with Eyesight

Joined

·

5,032 Posts

I can't tell anything by the pic. Take a better pic please.

Joined

·

1,093 Posts

Joined

·

1,093 Posts

Here's a closeup:

Now that I look at it it doesn't look like what's in your photo (although it's hard to see since your photo is so blurry). Is the piece you have soft flexible foam or Styrofoam (like what I'm showing in this pic)?

I'm wondering if it's part of a larger assembly since it doesn't show in the parts diagram. I've had the rear bumper off but not the front, so I'm not sure.

KentuckyOutback

Twilight Blue 2015 3.6R with Eyesight

Joined

·

5,032 Posts

@OBDad
Dang you're good!!! That pic looks exactly like the dark, almost impossible image the OP posted. Looking at it again I'd say that's exactly what it is.

Joined

·

1,093 Posts

Hmm... I sort of think it doesn't look the same. I wonder if it could have fallen down from the condenser somehow? Like item 5 in the second illustration in on this page (scroll down until you see the second diagram) - https://secure.revolutionparts.com/.../hvac-cat/condenser-compressor-and-lines-scat

"Condenser Assy Packing" (I must admit I don't quite know what that looks like - and I don't have the Outback here right now to look)

OP - if you open the hood and look down in front of the radiator and look at the condenser - anything loose?

2013 Outback 2.5i Premium 6MT

Joined

·

14 Posts

Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Sorry for the blurry pictures - hope these are better. I couldn't see anything loose in the engine compartment or a similar part on the other side (but it's hard to see around the battery). I suppose this could be something that was just sitting inside the bumper cover and not actually a part that fell off...

  • Plastic

    89.8 KB Views: 408

  • Vehicle door Automotive exterior Bumper Window Vehicle

    110.4 KB Views: 498

Joined

·

1,093 Posts

Looks like two hoses would run through at the bottom and that's what those holes are for. My guess is either condenser lines or transmission fluid lines for the cooler loop through the radiator.

I'll take a look if I get a chance when my wife returns home with the Outback :)

AWDfreak

2014 XV 5MT, 2000 Outback Limited 5MT

Joined

·

57 Posts

Wow, there's a thread similar to this on the Forester forum...

Joined

·

12,385 Posts

End corner bumper stays/supports (don't know the name) - they ride right up against the inside of the end of the bumper - just in front of the tire. It looks like it goes with that part, as a buffer.

Alternately it might be a piece to some other part and not a stand alone part.

Joined

·

12,385 Posts

Joined

·

468 Posts

I had the same piece of foam sitting under the radiator when I remove the plastic brush guard. From what I can tell it goes somewhere around the radiator. Problem is, I can't figure out exactly where. Let me know if you have any luck.

KansasMatthew

Joined

·

2,459 Posts

Did it fall out the left side or right side?

2013 Outback 2.5i Premium 6MT

Joined

·

14 Posts

Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Sorry for the late reply - I still have the foam on the shelf and the car appears to be running fine :)

It is from the passenger side.

DFW-BDB

Two 2011 Outback 2.5i(base & Premium), one 2015 Outback 2.5i Premium, one 2016 2.5i Premium

Joined

·

127 Posts

I don't know if this will help much, but attached are 2 photos of the front passenger side of a 2011 Premium with just the bumper cover removed. Perhaps it can give you some more guidance as to what is directly behind it.

  • Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior

    828.5 KB Views: 927

  • Vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Car Auto part

    776.3 KB Views: 877

Joined

·

468 Posts

From those pics it kind of looks like the foam is wedged between the bumper hard foam and the body.

Source: https://www.subaruoutback.org/threads/2013-front-bumper-piece-of-foam.298513/

Posted by: jamikavoigtlanderssa.blogspot.com

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Kitchen Sink Faucets With Separate Sprayer Specialties Special Pricing : Design House Millbridge Single Handle Standard Kitchen Faucet With Side Sprayer In Polished Chrome 546010 The Home Depot : A simple turn of the faucet hand (or spray wand) downwards towards the sink releases the water.

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Battery : How To Remove Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ Radio Dash Heater AC - The hinges are welded to the body of the jeep but the door half of the hinge bolts to the welded section.

Custom Truck Back Window Decals - FUCK-BIDEN DECAL-POLITICAL 2020 CAR VINYL BUMPER STICKER F / In this guide, we show you multiple easy ways to customize the appearance of windows 10 to make the experience to reflect your personality.